Store up for yourselves treasures in Heaven
where moth and rust cannot destroy and thieves cannot break in and steal

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Are You Perfect Yet?

Not likely - right?
In Colossians 1:28 Paul talks about presenting the Gospel to these people so Jesus could present them as perfect when He returns for His own.
Life has a way of making us say, “Ya, but I’m not even close to perfect.”
Every tear, every imperfection, every snarky remark to our children, every vile motive when it is recognised weeps imperfection.
And yet Jesus, because of our faith in His offer of salvation, declares us perfect, even as He is perfect.
He declares us saved.
He declares us forgiven.
He declares us redeemed.
He declares us sanctified.

2 comments:

  1. Practice makes perfect, we all heard growing up. They were wrong. I've been a practicing Christian for decades, and am still not perfect. BUT when God looks at me he sees the child he always wanted--covered by the image of his Son, the author, and perfector of my faith. Do I still practice? Absolutely. And some days, with God's help, I get it right.

    Thanks for this.

    ReplyDelete