Store up for yourselves treasures in Heaven
where moth and rust cannot destroy and thieves cannot break in and steal

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Extravagant Love!

This series gives examples of where our Creator shows us how to love extravagantly. In like manner we are told to give our lives away, to die to self.

The example of Jesus of Nazareth, our Creator, is to love extravagantly.

I am maybe the most selfish person I know. To put others first, to put my children first, to put my wife first is the single biggest battle that I have. My corrupted self-love is a danger to every relationship that I’ve ever had. Selfishness is the opposite of love. For anyone who wants to follow Jesus, and I do want to follow Jesus, that’s a problem. For any marriage to work, selfishness has to be brought under control.

Do nothing out of selfishness or conceit, but in humility treat others better than yourselves. Each of you should look not only to your own interests, but also to the interests of others.” From Paul’s letter to the Philippian Church 2:3,4

Treating your spouse with love produces love. And isn’t that who we want to be? People who love?

Hosea 6:6 - “For I desire mercy, not sacrifice.”

THIS is love!

No comments:

Post a Comment