Store up for yourselves treasures in Heaven
where moth and rust cannot destroy and thieves cannot break in and steal

Monday, October 29, 2012

“Canadians Urged to Prepare for Hurricane Sandy”


Well, I saw that News Headline and got right to work. 

I've boarded up our windows. 

My wife says, “It's too dark in here.” 

Ya, like it won't be dark when the hurricane hits! She'll thank me later.

I've also cut a hole in the living room ceiling so we can get into the attic if the main floor floods. I've put some drills, hand saws, pry bars and a couple cans of beans up in the attic. That's just in case we have to go from the attic onto to roof.

I wouldn't have had to do any of that if I could have built a decent dike around the house. The problem is, the kid's sandbox only had enough sand to fill five bags. 

Drat!

I guess that's because Saskatchewan's never had a hurricane before.

No comments:

Post a Comment