Store up for yourselves treasures in Heaven
where moth and rust cannot destroy and thieves cannot break in and steal

Monday, October 29, 2012

Know Jesus Better


This morning, along with several dozen other parents, I went to watch a school assembly in which my grade two daughter was performing. Someone came to sit behind me and as he took his seat he placed both hands on my shoulders and said into my right ear, “Good to see you again.” 

That's all.

In the last 40 years I've broken my neck twice. The first time C3, C4, C5. As he was placing my head and neck in a brace the Dr. freaked and said, “Rod, you are less than a millimetre from a catastrophic injury.”

The last time C7. It was loud enough and the pain was bad enough to seem worse, but it was really little more than a crack.

As you perhaps can guess, my neck is fused so I was unable to turn to see who was speaking to me from behind. And though he didn't say his name, I knew exactly who was speaking.

I knew who it was because I recognised his voice.
I recognised his voice because I meet with him every week in an accountability group.

It's the same in your spiritual walk. You'll only learn to recognise God's voice by spending time with Him.

For Jesus says to anyone and everyone:
If you diligently search for Me, I will allow Myself to be found by you.”

How dull of mind would you have to be to ignore an invitation like that?

No comments:

Post a Comment