Store up for yourselves treasures in Heaven
where moth and rust cannot destroy and thieves cannot break in and steal

Monday, March 24, 2014

Nothing Else Like It

I am poured out like water, and all My bones are out of joint. My heart has turned to wax; it has melted away within Me. My strength is dried up like a potsherd, and My tongue sticks to the roof of My mouth; you lay Me in the dust of death. Dogs have surround Me; a band of evil men has encircled Me; they have pierced My hands and My feet. I can count all My bones; people stare and gloat over Me.”

Jesus, the Son of God placed Himself into the hands of men and we did our absolute worst to Him. As the song says, “How can it be; that you my King would die for me?” God, nailed to a Roman cross by the humans He came to save from sin. The King of kings, Lord of lords, Creator of the Universe gave His life for ours. Such was the love of God for His creation, a creation that of its own free will turned against the greatest love in the universe.

And in that process, Jesus, by the same power that brought us into existence, defeated the great enemy of human-kind, death itself.

On the road to Emmaus, after His resurrection, Jesus spoke with two of His disciples. “And beginning with Moses and the prophets Jesus explained all that had been written about Him.”

Jesus came in weakness to save those who admit they are weak; to those who admit they need forgiveness. He laid down His life of His own freewill, for us. 

Once you know the ending of the story, it is impossible to read the Old Testament without seeing Jesus. The resurrection of Jesus; there's nothing else like it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment