Store up for yourselves treasures in Heaven
where moth and rust cannot destroy and thieves cannot break in and steal

Friday, December 10, 2010

Whatcha Gonna Say?

When you’re standing before Creator God and He asks, “Why should you be allowed to spend eternity in paradise? Gimme one reason why you shouldn’t spend eternity in hell?” What are you going to say?

Are you going to tell the only perfect Being in the universe what a good person you’ve been?

Are you going to tell him how you washed your hands and prayed five times a day or said the rosary on cue and genuflected at the door?

Are you going to turn to Mary and ask her to put in a good word for you?

Are you going to to tell your Creator how you never missed a Church service in 45 years?

Are you going to be like the fool Bertrand Russel and say, “Sir, you did not give me enough evidence,” as though the existence of a material universe that came into existence out of literally nothing isn’t enough?

In reality, there is only one thing that anyone can say:
“I have placed my trust in Jesus for the forgiveness of my sins - Jesus - my Saviour, my Deliverer, my Defender, my Lord.”

We have done nothing of significance to make us worthy of forgiveness

We have nothing of value that should compel God to forgive us.

Don't get me wrong. We do have value, but it's because God values us. And yes, God does loves us, but it's not because of who we are. God loves us because of who He is.

God IS Love.

Because God is love He paid the penalty of our sins against Him.

At His expense God made it possible for us to spend eternity in His presence.

Our only hope is to place our trust in Jesus; to cast ourselves upon His mercy and grace.

Nothing else will suffice - Nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment