Store up for yourselves treasures in Heaven
where moth and rust cannot destroy and thieves cannot break in and steal

Saturday, July 23, 2011

Tired

We’re back but I’m really tired

Broiling heat

Many surgically enhanced bodies at the pool

Many more that should have been

All of the kids and not a few adults had a blast with geocache.com

Who knew that cactus grew in that area

Sandals and flip-flops not good footwear

Good, good family times - I have great sisters

Found out that a client from way back overdosed a couple weeks ago. I don’t remember grieving over someone’s loss this hard. Up all that night, walking around the lake in the dark. I wished purgatory was real. I loved that man. After three hours of walking I finally asked Jesus, "Please let G. be saved." I know it's too late but . . . He was so fragile. For me it’s always hardest with the ones I “know” will die early. I remember seeing him at a wedding about four years ago and my head filled with, “You’re still alive!?” His dad beat the ability to live right out of him. He soul was broken. His mind bent beyond straightening. Dear God that hurt. Every time I closed my eyes I could see his face sitting across from me in my office, his smile, his eyes, his awesome laugh. Had to push away a lot of lies: “If I played a role in his life I also played a role in his death.” Sometimes I hate counselling.

Refused to play Yatzee

Copious amounts of rain one night

Cabin stifling hot the other nights

Got stuck

Had a flat tire

Plugged up with a cold

Right now I’m sorry that we’re going again next week

We’re back but I’m really tired

3 comments:

  1. This sucks, on multiple levels...

    There's always a good side, next week will be better :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Hugo. It's already better. The degree to which the grief of this man's death hit me took me by surprise. I've had two clients die while I was working with them and that's a nightmare in itself, but it's been almost a decade since I was seeing this man. Time has not diminished my love for him. Flat tires, fat bodies in bikinis and cactus are nothing in comparison

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's great that you care so much about these people. And yes obviously, 'Flat tires, fat bodies in bikinis and cactus are nothing in comparison'... but again, very unlikely that you will get such bad news again next week!

    ReplyDelete