Store up for yourselves treasures in Heaven
where moth and rust cannot destroy and thieves cannot break in and steal

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Back from holidays

Thanks for the advice on Firefox - Good move.

On our way home, our six year old daughter asked, "If I climbed up into the cloud on that mountain, would I see Jesus?"

Before I could answer, our ten-year-old son, who was in a bit of a mood mumbled, "You don't need to climb it. You'd see Him a lot sooner if you just jumped off this stupid mountain."

I love these kids.

So - now that holidays are done, it's back to retirement (sigh)

Oh, and His Lordship, why would you show me some goofy poem from Leviticus?

5 comments:

  1. Welcome back! I hope you had a good time...

    ReplyDelete
  2. We did have a good time. It was just a little bit this side of perfect.

    How about you? Are you taking any time off this summer?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's not from Leviticus. It's a poem about the strength of the human spirit. You said 'I am not the captain of my soul' and the poem says the exact opposite.

    The essence of the poem is a rejection of all forms of authority, and that the human spirit can conquer anything.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for commenting here Lordship, I had missed Thesauros' last comment...

    So, sorry for not replying!

    No unfortunately I cannot aford taking time off this summer because I am going to need my remaining 2 weeks of vacation in order to switch jobs. My girlfriend and I are moving to San Francisco :) Well, actually she is, I still need to find a job...

    See you on Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know it's not from Leviticus. You guys don't see what an incredible sense of humour I have :-)

    Just before the First World War the belief that the human spirit could conquer anything was really big. And then came the Second World War. And then the next and the next and the next and in fact there has not been a time without war since "the last great war." And what is the cause? The human spirit of course. We can conquer everything but ourselves because we are not the captains of our fate nor the mater of our souls. So what's to be done?

    "Oh, I know! It's the fault of religion!"
    Or so says those who believe in the human spirit.

    Sure, let's blame anything but ourselves.

    ReplyDelete