Store up for yourselves treasures in Heaven
where moth and rust cannot destroy and thieves cannot break in and steal

Monday, October 17, 2011

He Knows

“You don’t know what it’s like to have your family reject you.”
“Oh yes I do.”

“You don’t know what it’s like to feel extreme pain.”
“Actually ya, I do.”

“You don’t know what it’s like to be betrayed by a friend.”
“Now, that’s where you’re wrong.”

"You don't know what it's like to feel all alone."
"If you think that then you don't know Me at all."

“You don’t know what it’s like to feel abandoned by God”
“I know exactly what that’s like.”

“You don’t know what it’s like to be heartbroken.”
“Um, actually, I’m described as a man of sorrows, well acquainted with grief and suffering.”

“You don’t know what it’s like to give up the opportunity to love someone.”
“Are you kidding Me?”

“You don’t know what it’s like to lose someone close.”
“Of course I do.”

“You don’t know what it’s like to be afraid.”
“Are you kidding Me?”

“You don’t know what it’s like to be poor and homeless.”
“Darlin, I was born into poverty and never left it.”

“You don’t know what it’s like to be afraid of dying.”
“Do you know what hematidrosis is?”

“You don’t know what it’s like to be sexually frustrated.”
“I can’t imagine how you could be more wrong.”

“You don’t know what it’s like to be misunderstood.”
“Pfft! I haven’t met one person yet who gets Me.”

“You don’t know what it’s like to be unattractive.”
“Have you read Isaiah 53? There was nothing about My appearance for anyone to be attracted to Me.”

“You don’t know what it’s like to be hated.”
“Honey they hated Me first long before they hated you. One of the main reasons that I Jesus, your Messiah and King stepped down from My throne is to show you that I will go to any lengths to give you the opportunity to avoid hell. I came to earth to show you that I do not exist outside of your life in a fallen world. I came to experience the worst that this life has to offer and to allow you to do your worst to Me. I did that for you. I came to absorb the eternal consequences of your rebellion against your Creator. I’ll do anything and everything except take away your right to choose. In fact it’ll be over my dead body if you want to avoid my offer of salvation. Yes, I do know what it’s like to feel separated from God. And even though it’s kinda cool right now to play the atheist? I wouldn’t recommend it. ”

No comments:

Post a Comment