Store up for yourselves treasures in Heaven
where moth and rust cannot destroy and thieves cannot break in and steal

Thursday, August 2, 2012

Here Comes Tomorrow!

I was in my car one night. Coming home from the third late night business meeting that week. I fell asleep, went off the road and rolled into a four metre deep pond. My car sunk upside down. As the water poured in I was completely disoriented. Frantically I tried to find my way out, but in the darkness, and running out of air, I knew that I had only seconds left to live.

Luckily I have two graduate degrees and a PhD. I'm the most wealthy man on our block with a gorgeous wife and two children. My kids are consistently at the top of their class. Like Richard Dawkins' daughter Emma, my kids havn't wasted one second exploring spirituality. My son is the captain on his football team and my daughter is never without a date on the weekend. Our boat, RV and cabin at the lake are almost paid for and our house – well – our house is my pride and joy. Three thousand square feet of luxury on each floor, bordered by a landscaped yard and pool.

Did I mention that I'm about to step into eternity? I'm ready. Right?

No comments:

Post a Comment