Store up for yourselves treasures in Heaven
where moth and rust cannot destroy and thieves cannot break in and steal

Monday, June 27, 2011

Atheist Arrogance

My comment thingy is still not working. Thanks a lot Blogspot.

Anyhow, Ginx, I make my posts on atheism from direct comments by atheists.

Ya, I know, not all atheists think exactly the same but I never write a post based on only one comment. When I wrote the post Atheists, Irony and Prophecy, Hugo said that all of the following were wrong; that atheists have never said the stuff in my post:

...the Bible, the Book that atheists see as a great joke...

...Today, these two groups are together gayly pushing their way to the front of the line...

...Atheists laugh at and cheer for the exodus from Christianity that is taking place before our very eyes....

... It must look to them as though victory is imminent...

... atheists around the globe pursue active opposition to all things related to God...

...this is an all out effort to rid the world of anything to do with the idea of Creator God and the worship of Him...

The very next day, THE VERY NEXT DAY I was meandering through atheist blog posts and EVERY SINGLE ONE of these assertions that I made in my post were proved true by atheist bloggers.

Anyhow, this argument about Christian arrogance when thanking God is a favourite of Richard Dawkins and others of his ilk. He finds it particularly annoying when a Christian thanks God that s/he survived when others have died.

4 comments:

  1. Never occurred to you that blogs are not representative of the general atheist population?

    Never occurred to you that I am the one who is "weird" to read and comment on blogs?

    Never occurred to you that most atheists, at least the ones I know or hear about anywhere else than blogs, simply don't care about religion?

    That's why you don't understand atheists, you don't understand who they are.

    Plus, that's why I told you another thing you seem to always forget: what I write here is about YOU. NOT all Christians. I don't extrapolate beyond what you write here. I don't generalize and put all Christians, or all theists, together in the same basket.

    I read what you write and comment on what you wrote, while you write comments that start with 'atheists think...'

    But you know all this, I mean, you cannot not know, so why are you distorting things like this? That is the fascinating thing about reading you sir. You seem to be missing a big part of reality and it's amazing to read about that perspective.

    Always interesting to read you; have fun on your vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ... I had forgotten to specify another important thing.

    I don't believe you when you write:

    The very next day, THE VERY NEXT DAY I was meandering through atheist blog posts and EVERY SINGLE ONE of these assertions that I made in my post were proved true by atheist bloggers.

    ...and the reason is very simple, your interpretations of atheists' comments is wrong, regardless of how representative they are.

    The first line for example said:
    ...the Bible, the Book that atheists see as a great joke...

    You would not be able to find a lot of people of would support this. Even "hardcore" atheists like Dawkins would not agree with that. He supports using the Bible as a learning tool, in literature classes. You cannot fully appreciate English literature without knowing the Bible's stories at least a little.

    So why does Thesauros says that? because of a misinterpretation of course... What atheists find is a 'great joke' is the fact that people think the Bible is to be taken literally. The great joke is to find people, in 2011, that still think that miracles happened, a lot, in the past, and that the people who recorded them were reliable. That these same people accurately described the world, that their limited knowledge of the universe was sufficient to understand the Creator, wit a big C, of the universe, that they had a real tangible connection to a divine supernatural ghost that gave them insights. THAT is the funny part, what's laughable and deserved ridicule.

    The Bible itself is not a joke. Fundamentalists Christians are.

    ReplyDelete
  3. p.s.

    My comment thingy is still not working. Thanks a lot Blogspot.

    Stop using Internet Explorer...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stop using Internet Explorer...

    Bingo. Firefox with no add ons is the way to go (if you're tired of weird blog behavior).

    ReplyDelete