Store up for yourselves treasures in Heaven
where moth and rust cannot destroy and thieves cannot break in and steal

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Wanna Hear Something Funny?

So I have to buy some envelopes. I walk up to the counter and the cashier has 86 studs in her right ear, 112 in her left and so many piercings in her lower lip that I doubt she can safely drink hot liquids. She's about 14 years old and the only thing that keeps this from being a movie set, is this kid doesn’t snap her gum. Anyhow, the envelopes come to $3.90.

I pull out some money and I’m standing there with a $5.00 bill in my left hand and $4.00 in change in the other, and for the life of me I cannot decide which money to use. I’m just standing there staring at my hands and just as I’m thinking, “I’ll bet this is what it’s like to have dementia,” this girl says, “Eventually you’ll lose the ability to walk or to even control your bowels.”

Well, she didn’t crack a smile but I laughed till I had tears in my eyes. I mean, that is the funniest insult that I have ever received.

It makes me laugh just remembering it.

(((sigh)) Life is good - isn’t it?

No comments:

Post a Comment