Store up for yourselves treasures in Heaven
where moth and rust cannot destroy and thieves cannot break in and steal

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Correct Goals Mean Everything

If you choose something other than God’s will for your life, you will spend your entire time on earth living in disappointment and frustration.

If you hold to expectations of God that are in conflict with His revealed purposes for your life, your entire time on earth will be spent living in disappointment and frustration.

“Our inability to develop a truly God-shaped set of expectations easily could leave us wandering out the forty years or so of our adult lives in our own self-made desert wilderness. In my case, the greatest consequence of long-term, misplaced expectations has been their deadening effect on spiritual vitality. I questioned God, myself, my circumstances . . . God must not love me the way He loves others, I thought. I must be on Jesus’ blacklist. I guess I’m just one of those Christians that God can’t use.”
Carol Kent

Bottom line, our purpose in life is to love God, love those with whom we come into contact and leave the outcomes - ALL outcomes - to God.

No comments:

Post a Comment