Store up for yourselves treasures in Heaven
where moth and rust cannot destroy and thieves cannot break in and steal

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Every Body Loves Me

I’ve told the story before of our youngest daughter, when she was three. I was putting her down for a nap and as I was closing the bedroom door, I heard her say to herself, “God loves me, Jesus loves me, daddy loves me, mommy loves me, EDDY BODY loves me!”

What an awesome way to fall asleep! What an amazing way to live!

Many have never known what that’s like - to have such an assurance of love. Without it, emotional heath is very difficult to achieve.

Our ability to love is dependent on having received our parent’s love, whose ability to love was dependent on experiencing their parent’s ability to love, whose ability to love . . ..

It’s not hard to see how screwed up our world has become when something so essential to our well-being is so totally dependent on what others have to give to us. This stability is terribly fragile. Since the event I describe here, our daughter has learned the awful truth of life. (see the post "You're Too Brown")

In fact, every relationship beyond our own has been marinated in broken love.

There is only One unbroken love relationship, that of God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit. There is only one place of healing, one place of grace and mercy and grace and forgiveness.

Reality is, not everybody loves my daughter, but God most assuredly does and always will.

No comments:

Post a Comment