Store up for yourselves treasures in Heaven
where moth and rust cannot destroy and thieves cannot break in and steal

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

A Cold Hard Stone

I remember, before Jesus tracked me down, how I thought I was a pretty good person. 
I shone like the sun. 
I was brilliant. 
Intense. 
Too hot to handle.
Pfft! What an idiot.

C.S. Lewis, I think it was, said that he believes in God not because he can see Him. Rather, like the sun, it is because of God that he can see everything else clearly.
I couldn’t agree more.
Because of the Son, I now see that I have no light of my own. On my own I'm just a cold hard stone. Any light that I give off, such as it is, is a reflection of my Creator.
Christianity allows me to know the Creator of the Universe at an ever deeper level. 
Being a follower of Jesus allows me to become aware, at an ever deeper level, that I am loved by the Creator of the Universe.
Sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment