Store up for yourselves treasures in Heaven
where moth and rust cannot destroy and thieves cannot break in and steal

Thursday, June 6, 2013

"redrum”

Do you remember that movie? I can't remember the name of it. I never even saw it. I just remember the ads for it had some little kid saying in a whisper, “I see dead people.” And he sees the word murder, written backwards on the wall - in blood – "redrum."

I see dead people.” Well, that's gotta mess up your day, seeing dead people. Seeing stuff that isn't there. Actually, I've done that too. I used to look at a beautiful woman and imagine positive qualities that weren't there, or probably weren't there. Have you ever done that? I've done it so much that I now pray, “Lord Jesus, help me to see people as Jesus sees people. Open my spiritual eyes. Give me wisdom.”

I pray that kind of stuff. And you know what? He does that. And the really cool thing is, the more we receive from God, the more He gives us. You want wisdom? Ask Him! That's one of the things God will always answer with a yes. Of course, the opposite is also true. If you don't bother drawing life from your Creator, even what little life you have will be sucked out of you.

You know what else I sometimes do? I attribute negative characteristics to people just by looking at them. And those characteristics probably aren't there either. All I have to do is look at them and I make a judgement – BAM – just like that.

I wouldn't be doing that if I was looking through spiritual eyes. So I ask, “Lord, help me to see people like Jesus sees people. Open my spiritual eyes. Give me wisdom.”


I'm not alone, of course. Most people judge by outward appearances. But it's wrong. Really, really wrong. In fact, at it's worst, it's a form or murder.

No comments:

Post a Comment