Store up for yourselves treasures in Heaven
where moth and rust cannot destroy and thieves cannot break in and steal

Tuesday, July 9, 2013

“I'm Weak Enough for Victory”

I had posted a comment like that on a guy's blog. The comment conveyed the message about how, because I'm a Christian, because I'm a follower of Jesus, that even in my weakness I am strong. More than that, because of my weakness, God's Spirit working in me made me stronger than I had ever been without Him. 
Someone on the outside thought that was pretty funny, in a “You're an idiot,” kind of way.
You can't expect a person in h/her pre conversion state to understand what it's like to be living right-side-up in an up-side-down world. You can't expect them to get the Christian paradigm that says:
We find life through dying to self
We win, through losing
We get, through giving, and so on.
In their song, “Faith Enough,” the band, Jars of Clay do a good job of describing the change of perspective that comes when following Jesus.
The ice is thin enough for skating
The rope is worn enough to climb
The throat is dry enough for talking
The world is crumbling, but I know why.
This body is frail enough for fighting
I'm home enough to know I'm lost.
It's just enough to be strong, In the broken places
It's just enough to be strong, should the world rely on faith tonight.
The land unfit enough for planting
Barren enough to conceive
Poor enough to gain the treasure
Enough a cynic to believe
It's just enough to be strong, In the broken places
It's just enough to be strong, should the world rely on faith tonight.
Confused enough to know direction
The sun eclipsed enough to shine
Be still enough to finally tremble
See enough to know I'm blind”

Sadly, those on the outside looking in do not yet know any of this to be true; the truth that I'm weak enough to be more than a conqueror. This because in our human weakness, we are forced to depend on Jesus in order to find life, to receive salvation, to be forgiven.

No comments:

Post a Comment