Store up for yourselves treasures in Heaven
where moth and rust cannot destroy and thieves cannot break in and steal

Thursday, July 25, 2013

What Does a Relationship With Jesus Get You?
That's what an atheist asked. According to this person, I'm no better off than anyone else in the world, including him. (((wry smile))) I beg to differ.

Because of my relationship with Jesus, I have freedom from the need to achieve, freedom to look forward to tomorrow, freedom from God’s wrath, freedom from putting me first, freedom from the need for position, freedom from the feeling of alienation, freedom to be bathed in the soothing warmth of God’s enormous Love, freedom from dependence on false gods, freedom to have patience in the midst of suffering, and I have the freedom to become more than a conqueror.

Besides all that, I have the freedom to know Who to thank when I’m grateful, for every good and perfect gift is from God. He is the righteous One. I celebrate His glory. I acknowledge His sovereignty. I rejoice and sing the wonders of His grace. How great is my Lord and my Saviour!

To be continued . . .

7 comments:

  1. You are always an inspiration. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just as a side remark...
    "Because of my relationship with Jesus, I have freedom "
    Freedom is about the possibility to make choices. Pledging unconditional submission to whatever is renouncing freedom, disabling choices. So, don't talk about freedom when in fact you mean the sweet scent of obedience, you voluntary slave.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ya, I'm okay with that.

    I'm a voluntary slave to Jesus who gives me freedom from slavery to sin.

    You are an involuntary slave to satan who keeps you bound by sin.

    You don't have to live like that. If the time comes when you would like to be free from real guilt and the inevitable consequences of sin, Jesus will gladly welcome you home.

    All you have to do is ask.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you want to be free of sin, just don't commit it.
    If you need a master to tell you what sin is, if you can't find out for yourself, then your ability to model the results of your objectives, your empathy rate and your rational abilities are substandard. Or you won't stand up to your decisions.
    "If the time comes..."
    Oh yeah. Everything has "inevitable consequences", Rod. In this world, not in your fairy tale afterlife in Jesus' strong, warm arms. You make a mistake, mistreat, hurt someone: restitution in this world is what you have to do, changing reality (including, often, yourself), not escaping into masochist guilt and punishment fantasies instead.

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you want to be free of sin, just don't commit it.

    That's funny!
    ------

    "If you need a master to tell you what sin is,"

    It seems to me that if you believe you fall into the above category of someone who simply says "no" to all sin, you are also someone who needs to be told what sin is.

    I on the other hand already know what sin is. My problem, and the problem with every human on the planet is that we cannot - ever - stop sinning. Oh sure, Jesus removes the power that sin has over us but it's lure remains. Our corrupt self-love means that we all continue to put ourselves first.

    That's why you and I and every human on the planet need forgiveness. We are all guilty.

    "For all have sinned and fall short of God's expectations of us."

    ReplyDelete
  6. How evasive...
    I said that you have to model the results of your objectives, cultivate your empathy rate and your rational abilities.
    Your answer is bragging about the lure and inevitability of sin, and your savior getting you out of the consequences. How convenient. Continue sinning, godbot, continue selfishly putting yourself (and your desired salvation) first.
    The rest of us, those who don't share your masochist authoritarian complex, meanwhile try to make this rotten, prejudiced and god-soaked place a little bit better. By observing the results of our actions, learning from them, and avoiding the suffering of others. Attentiveness and empathy are by far better guides than cunning St. Paul's ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  7. And, by the way, check John 8:11

    ReplyDelete