Store up for yourselves treasures in Heaven
where moth and rust cannot destroy and thieves cannot break in and steal

Sunday, June 26, 2011

Atheist Plagiarism

Anyone who’s done any writing anywhere knows that plagiarism is a serious offence.

Atheists beware!

“All good things and every perfect gift is from above. Coming down to us from the Creator of heavenly lights in whom there is no changing or shifting like shadows.”

I’ve written a couple times how the atheist Hugo would like me to avoid giving glory and praise and honour to God and instead proclaim pride and self-sufficiency in the advancements that have come into my life.

Well, if I didn’t want to be guilty of plagiarism, I suppose I could follow the atheist’s advice. But that would be wrong. Wouldn’t it?

In reality, I am not the Author of my life. I am not the Master of my fate. I am not the Captain of my soul. I am not self-sufficient and neither is any other human being. Taking credit for God’s gifts to me, be they challenging or easy, is the same as plagiarism.

That is why I give credit where credit is due - to God the Father and to my Lord and Saviour Jesus the Christ to whom all glory and honour and worship belong.

2 comments:

  1. What the... are you ok?

    You are saying we don't have free will?

    Please correct me...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Invictus

    by William Ernest Henley; 1849-1903

    Out of the night that covers me,
    Black as the Pit from pole to pole,
    I thank whatever gods may be
    For my unconquerable soul.

    In the fell clutch of circumstance
    I have not winced nor cried aloud.
    Under the bludgeonings of chance
    My head is bloody, but unbowed.

    Beyond this place of wrath and tears
    Looms but the horror of the shade,
    And yet the menace of the years
    Finds, and shall find me, unafraid.

    It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll,
    I am the master of my fate;
    I am the captain of my soul.

    ReplyDelete