Store up for yourselves treasures in Heaven
where moth and rust cannot destroy and thieves cannot break in and steal

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Looks Who’s Watching!

The Arizona Atheist is convinced that cameras are watching him. The "Man" is out to get him, or so he thinks. As he drives down the street, this atheist is certain that he’s seen cameras move for no other reason than to find out where he’s going. The guy even blames Red Light Cameras for rear end collisions.

Chris Hitchens has a similar issue but this time it really is The MAN upstairs who’s bugging him. Chris can’t stand it that God sees everything that he does.

Personally? It makes me chuckle.

“He’s watching you poo Mr. Hitchens!”

Who cares if the police are watching? Really - who cares? Ya, you know who cares. It’s those who are doing or who would like to do something wrong. They’re the same ones who hit the brakes every time they see a speed trap ahead. They need to do that because without being watched they can’t make themselves do the right thing.

I say, “Let em watch." The only time that the law will have an interest in me is when being a Christian becomes a crime. And if that happens in my lifetime they can come and get me. I want to live my life so transparently, so consistently that it will be impossible to not convict me.

The following is a copy of a note found written in the office of a young Pastor in Zimbabwe, following his martyrdom for his faith in Jesus Christ.

I am part of the fellowship of the unashamed. I have the Holy Spirit power. The die has been cast. I have stepped over the line. The decision has been made - I’m a disciple of His. I won’t look back, let up, slow down, back away, or be still.

My past is redeemed
My present makes sense
My future is secure.

I’m finished and done with low living, sight walking, smooth knees, colourless dreams, tamed visions, worldly talking, fake friendships, and dwarfed goals.

I no longer need preeminence, prosperity, position, promotions, plaudits, or popularity. I don’t have to be right, first, tops, recognized, praised, regarded, or rewarded. I now live by faith, lean in His presence, walk by patience, am uplifted by prayer, and I labour with power.

My face is set, my gait is fast, my goal is heaven, my road is narrow, my way is rough, my Guide reliable, my mission is clear. I cannot be bought, compromised, detoured, lured away, turned back, deluded, or delayed. I will not flinch in the face of sacrifice, hesitated in the presence of the enemy, pander at the pool of popularity, or meander in the maze of mediocrity.

I won’t give up, shut up, let up, until I have stayed up, stored up, prayed up, paid up, preached up for the cause of Christ. I am a disciple of Jesus. I must go till He comes, give till I drop, preach till all know, and work till He stops me.

And when He comes for His own, He will have no problem recognizing me - my banner will be clear!

11 comments:

  1. I find this entry very funny! Just like you actually. I agree completely with all the funny way you describe the various people in this list. It does make somebody chuckle as you said :)

    I laugh about one more thing though, summarized by this:
    ...They need to do that because without being watched they can’t make themselves do the right thing...
    It's so funny because that applies to you 100%, yet you laugh at others for doing so. You explain, very clearly, how it's only after you found Jesus that you started to care about others, yourself, and your eternal fate. In other words, it's only when you started to believe, truly believe, that somebody was actually watching you, and was going to judge you, that you decided to change because of the implications.

    Not sure you laugh about that though, huh? But you should... seriously, I hope you take it lightly... you probably do in your everyday life I suppose. In any case, I just don't think there is a point complaining about everybody who don't think like you. why not try to understand others a bit more? I admire everything, or at least most, of who you are as a person now, and it would be even better if you could recognize that the world is not all terrible and full of terrible sins...

    Thanks for ignoring my long answer by the way. I know your cognitive dissonance will not let you see anything in it that contradicts your faith, and I know you will conclude that I simply don't understand you, and/or that I am misguided. That's why I write things like this... actually, here's a "secret" for you...

    If I thought I could convince you to drop your faith; I would stop writing to you.

    Think about that and let me know if you understand why I say this.

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am Zimbabwean and when I lived there was very active in the Central Baptist Church, Harare. Our pasters were Phineas Dube and Noah Pashapa.
    The language of the pastor you quoted doesn't seem quite right to me. Could you post me a link to a source I could verify. I haven't heard of Christians being martyred in Zimbabwe. Civil rights activists, yes. Homosexuals, yes. Christians, no. Please prove me wrong with a valid source. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've just googled that quote and found it attributed to a Rwandan in 1980
    http://wayofthemaster.com/confession.shtml
    also other sources give him as Zimbabwean or "African"
    Lot's of people have copied and posted his words, but no-one has a name. Or an exact place. Or an exact date. or who did the killing.
    I call bullshit. I will happily acknowledge my error if you can fill in those details with any verifiable accuracy. If not, join the ranks of "liars for Jesus"

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it man. Arizona Atheist is one of the mist delusional people I have ever encountered. We have been at war with him for awhile at www.RealMenHaveSpoken.com. Check out this transcript of our truly in-depth discussion. You will be amazed at this douche, if you aren't already:

    http://www.realmenhavespoken.com/2011/12/merry-christmas-arizona-atheist-warning_25.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Continue the good fight man! You have plenty of supporters out here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How come you 2 randomly comment here almost at the same time!?

    Anyway, looks like Rod aka Thesauros does not write on his blog anymore. I come once in a while to see if he does but it's been a few months already.

    I am afraid his skin cancer took him away...

    Happy New Year to everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Please pay no attention to Magnus. He just has his girlie panties in a bind because I obliterated the above post he wrote about me. It was nothing more than several pages of insults, strawman arguments, and other nonsense. And I also see that Makarios has written another ignorant post about me. And in this one he also ignores the several studies I cited proving speed cameras cause accidents and all the other evidence I cited. But do his readers even learn about this from Makarios? Of course not. He'd rather deceive his readers and avoid dealing with the facts. I also believe it's unethical to attempt to reply to someone without linking to the content you disagree with so readers can see what you actually said.

    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Driving into someone because they stop suddenly is not the fault of cameras or anything outside of the person who is driving too close and without due care and attention.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's clear you either don't want to, or are unable to understand the issue here. The cameras are directly responsible for these accidents since without them there would be no fear of going safely through a yellow light. It's precisely because someone is paying attention and sees these cameras ahead that they panic and slam on their breaks, afraid that they won't make it through the yellow light before it changes red. And, sadly, many local governments have had a hand in causing these accidents because they purposefully shortened yellow light times in order to force people to run red lights by not giving them enough time to safely pass through the intersection prior to the light changing red. This was done purely for revenue. And this is why many cities have been taking their cameras down.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So crashing into the person in front of me is not because I was following too closely, not because I was going to run the yellow right behind him, and not because I wasn't paying attention. It's because a camera was installed to prevent accidents caused by people running red lights. Now I got it. Follow the money and you'll find and atheist who's found a government conspiracy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes, go ahead and ignore the facts and use ridicule instead of argument. It only proves you have no facts to back your position. When a change is made that causes erratic driving behavior (like a fear of a flashing camera) it will tend to cause many drivers to react in unpredictable ways, which result in accidents. If you'd read anything about road safety and standards you'd realize this.

    Government conspiracy?! Who said anything about that? I cited studies which proved (by comparing the legal yellow light times to what the yellow light times were in several cities who committed this fraud) local governments were shortening yellow light times. I can see discussing this point with you is about as fruitful as debating a brick wall.

    ReplyDelete