Store up for yourselves treasures in Heaven
where moth and rust cannot destroy and thieves cannot break in and steal

Friday, October 22, 2010

Coherence of the Bible

An atheist made the claim the other day that the Bible was a cobbled together collection of stories that did not tell a seamless story. This atheist of course was simply failing to attribute his “thought” to Richard Dawkins. That’s too bad because it leads one to think that the atheist himself came up with this stupid statement.

From the time that Eve was told that her offspring would crush the head of evil, the Messiah has been a inexorable and ubiquitous theme from Genesis to Revelation. Even the resurrection, albeit in a shadowy and incomplete form was present in the Old Testament. One of many examples is from Job.

“I know that my Redeemer lives, and He shall stand at last on the earth; and after my skin is destroyed, this I know, that in my flesh I shall see God, who I shall see for myself, and my eyes shall behold, and not another. How my heart yearns within me!” Job 19:25-27.

1 comment:

  1. You know that people actually choose the books that make up your bible so it being semi-coherent is no surprise...

    ReplyDelete