Store up for yourselves treasures in Heaven
where moth and rust cannot destroy and thieves cannot break in and steal

Friday, August 12, 2011

It’s been my experience that the more I know Jesus, the longer that I spend in relationship with Him, the more that I pay attention to my life with God, the more that I’m blown away by His generosity, His compassion, the willingness to forgive, to love and to wash me with His mercy and grace. It’s like He’s saying, “There is so much more for you to have. Come and take from Me all that you can enjoy.”

“If there lurks in most modern minds the notion that to desire our own good and earnestly to hope for the enjoyment of it is a bad thing, I submit that this notion has crept in from Kant and the Stoics and is no part of the Christian faith. Indeed, if we consider the unblushing promises of reward and the staggering nature of the rewards promised in the Gospels, it would seem that Our Lord finds our desires not too strong, but too weak. We are hard-hearted creatures, fooling about with drink and sex, and ambition when infinite joy is offered us, like an ignorant child who wants to go on making mud pies in a slum because he cannot imagine what is meant by the offer of a holiday at the sea. We are far too easily pleased.”
C.S. Lewis - “The Weight of Glory”

No comments:

Post a Comment