Store up for yourselves treasures in Heaven
where moth and rust cannot destroy and thieves cannot break in and steal

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

I’ve forgotten who said it, but the line goes something like, “I believe in the Sun for the same reason that I believe in the Son - not because I can see it, but because of It, I can see everything else more clearly.” I really shouldn’t put quotation marks because it’s so rough but that’s the gist of it.

When we walk in the light (have a healed and forgiven relationship with Creator God) we walk with confidence. I can now see things about life that were once beyond my field of vision. His light makes it so I no longer stumble - at least not to the extent that was once a daily fate.

“Those who wait upon the Lord are like Mount Zion, unmoved by any circumstance.”

This is the kind of life that comes from walking in the light. You receive tremendous strength with which to recognise lies about God, or lies that tell us that we’d be better off living by our own counsel. Living like this makes each year better than the year before. God’s will is done on earth, and in our life as it is in heaven.

This of course enrages atheists and everyday pagans. These people have come to believe that living in a perpetual state of doubt is the best that life has to offer. Pfft!

Living in the light allows us to trade up to a life of quality, lasting peace, joy and love.

No comments:

Post a Comment