Store up for yourselves treasures in Heaven
where moth and rust cannot destroy and thieves cannot break in and steal

Monday, August 15, 2011

What an amazing life it is to know that no matter what the circumstance, no matter what the emotional or physical cost, no matter the loss, the degree of suffering, the tragedy, the depth of darkness, God has, will and will continue to bring enormous good out of that circumstance.

It’s simply come to the point that I can no longer doubt the truth of this statement. There have been no exceptions. After sixty years, I can say with confidence and honesty that those who have determined to follow Jesus will KNOW life and know it to the full. God loves us too much to not change us, to not strengthen us, to not lead us through hard times. From the loss of our only biological child, to crippling arthritis, to cancer, to brain damaged children and on and on, God has proven Himself more than dependable.

Never once, not a single time has my Lord and my Saviour allowed my life to take a mortal hit from the events that come with living in a fallen world. Romans 8:28 has been proven true, literally, countless times. Knowing this truth in advance makes such a huge difference in how one approaches the day. While I have not necessarily received everything that I want, I’ve been given everything that I need, everything that the deep of human nature desires. What an amazing honour and privilege to serve our Creator.

Thank you Lord for your love and mercy and grace.

4 comments:

  1. What an amazing life we have to be able to know that no matter what the circumstance, no matter what the emotional or physical cost, no matter the loss, the degree of suffering, the tragedy, the depth of darkness, life has, will and will continue to bring enormous good out of the circumstances.

    It’s simply come to the point that I can no longer doubt the truth of this statement. There have been no exceptions. I can say with confidence and honesty that those who have determined that to believe that life is all that matter will KNOW life and know it to the full. Love will always be part of life, and love can change us, strengthen us, and lead us through hard times. No matter what the obstacles are, if we focus on the good life has to offer, we can always go through it.

    Never once, not a single time has love allowed my life to take a mortal hit from the events that come with living in a world which is not perfect, and never will. Knowing this truth in advance makes such a huge difference in how one approaches the day. While I have not necessarily received everything that I want, I’ve been given everything that I need, everything that the deep of human nature desires. What an amazing honour and privilege to be alive, to love, to be loved, and to learn.

    Thanks mom and dad for the love you gave me as a child. Without you I would not be able to love others as much as I do now, I would not be able to see love when there is almost none.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so young I feel like patting you on the head.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never mind the six thousand black children that stave to death every day in Africa, but that's OK because they don't believe in Jesus.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're so young I feel like patting you on the head.

    Wow, that's what you had to reply? I wonder why I was not harder on you in the last comment I just made then ;-)

    It requires some introspection to concede that the life we have is due to some other people, like my parents in my case, that taught me good values when I was young.

    I could psychoanalyze you a little here and say that you are probably jealous of what I wrote and I have good reasons to think so, but I won't go too far; it would me mean to harass an intellectually inferior old man...

    ReplyDelete