Store up for yourselves treasures in Heaven
where moth and rust cannot destroy and thieves cannot break in and steal

Tuesday, March 5, 2013


. . . my journey through the darkness has only accelerated. I have become adept at inventing counterfeit lights - bright-coloured, flashing lights. Pseudo rainbows; artificial sunsets; celluloid stars. More recently I discovered that God is dead, anyway. I am a product of organic evolution. A cosmic accident. A unique moment in a mysterious multi billion year process. It is an adventure filled with suspense and cruelty and meaninglessness. And though I do not know what is ahead, never fear, I am on my way! Even today, after the morning news and the latest issue of Time magazine, and even though I acknowledge countless gallons of human tears, the endless cycle of agonizing tragedy, I, along with the world’s majority, maintain that Adam made the right decision. Even as I swallow my tranquilizers, rush to my psychiatrist, take the extra drink, endure my third divorce, and watch my children reject all the ideals I have tried to pass on - I still say there is hope!
author unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment