Store up for yourselves treasures in Heaven
where moth and rust cannot destroy and thieves cannot break in and steal

Friday, April 16, 2010

How To Know When It's Too Early

When I was a kid, I loved the book, Lord of the Flies. I thought that my oldest boys would enjoy it also. So I dug it out and invited my two nine-year-olds to come and let me read a story to them. I planned that we would do this over a series of several nights, each one more exciting than the last.

They usually love it when I tell them stories. Of course those are home-made and are pretty ridiculous.

Anyhow, the boys are lying on the floor and I'm on the couch. I'm reading to them for about - maybe five minutes when Riley says, "Dad, you should try this again when we're older."

With that, they ran upstairs and out the door.

No comments:

Post a Comment