Store up for yourselves treasures in Heaven
where moth and rust cannot destroy and thieves cannot break in and steal

Thursday, March 11, 2010

Atheists or Fools?

A person asked if I was just copying material from my old blog Makarios, and if I was just using the term “fool” instead of “atheist.”

Well, to date, I haven’t copied anything from blog Makarios. Although, for at least one post, that will change tomorrow. Actually, I’m surprised that any atheists followed me to this blog. First of all, I was going to keep the posts on this blog relatively free from talking about atheists (easier said than done). I did pretty good until . . . well, until the boys from the hood followed me here. As well, I wasn’t going to use the term “atheist” any more so I didn’t think my posts would show up in their favourite part of the blogging world. Not so I guess.

As to the use of “fools” versus “atheist.” It’s just easier, and more accurate. After years of discussion, even atheists can’t decide what they want the term “atheist” to mean. They argue endlessly over whether they deny that God exists or whether they just don’t believe that He exists. Some argue whether they are a humanist or a secular humanist. One says, I’m a sceptic and another says I’m a Buddhist. One says I’m and Anti-theist while another prefers to call himself a freethinker. Ones a pantheist, ones a Marxist while yet another will only answer to non-theist. The denominations of atheism increase exponentially by the year.

The term “Fool” encompasses all of the above for all of the above can look at the wonders of the universe and life itself and say, “accident.” All who choose to go by the above titles say in their hearts, “There is no God.” So, Fool it is.

3 comments:

  1. We're too complex to be understood by a retard, so WE'RE the fools? Okay, got it.

    Why not just refer to the Bible:

    The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good. - Psalm 14:1

    ReplyDelete
  2. The term “Fool” encompasses all of the above for all of the above can look at the wonders of the universe and life itself and say, “accident.

    Results of naturalist forces is not "accident".

    ReplyDelete
  3. But I say unto you, that every one that is lightly angry with his brother shall be subject to the judgment; but whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be subject to be called before the Sanhedrim; but whosoever shall say, Fool, shall be subject to the penalty of the fires of Hell.

    ReplyDelete