Store up for yourselves treasures in Heaven
where moth and rust cannot destroy and thieves cannot break in and steal

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

I'm A Christian


When I say that I'm a Christian, I'm not shouting that I'm clean living. I'm whispering that I was lost and now I'm found.
When I say that I'm a Christian, I'm not saying this with pride. I confessing that every hour of every day, I need Jesus to be my guide.
When I say that I'm a Christian, I'm not trying to appear as though I'm strong. I'm confessing that I'm weak and need His strength to carry on.
When I say that I'm a Christian, I'm not bragging of success. I'm admitting that I fail and need Jesus to change my heart.
When I say that I'm a Christian, I'm not claiming to be perfect; my flaws are far too visible, but God's love causes Him to act as though I'm worth it.
When I say that I'm a Christian, I still feel the sting of life's pain. I'll always have my share of heartaches so I call upon His name.
When I say that I'm a Christian, I'm not suggesting that I'm holier than thou. I'm just a simple sinner whose received my Saviour's Grace somehow.
Carol Wimmer
  

1 comment: