Store up for yourselves treasures in Heaven
where moth and rust cannot destroy and thieves cannot break in and steal

Thursday, April 18, 2013

Atheists and Sadness

My view of humanity is dropping like a rock. All things being equal, I've only got 10 to 15 years left on this planet and my despair over how stupid we are is peaking way too early.
Last week I saw an atheist blog where the author proudly asked, “Has any Christian ever asked why the names of the New Testament writers are Matthew, Mark, Luke, John, Paul and so on?” This atheist thought that he had stumbled on a sure fire case of Bible tampering because he saw names that sounded “nothing like Middle Eastern names.”
I had to quickly click to a different blog because reading that made my sadness plummet even further. I think I felt a tear run down my cheek.
I suppose I should have returned to point out, “Did you notice that none of the other words in your Bible are in Greek either? You see, you're reading an English translation of documents originally written in Greek. Therefore you're reading names that are English derivatives of Greek names which may have also come from Hebrew or Aramaic names.”
Matthew - Levi
Mark - Markus
Luke - Lukas
John - Ioannes
Paul -  Paulus
and for what it's worth
Jesus - Yeshua
I couldn't go back. Sometimes atheist bloggers just break my heart for the condition of humanity.
Now, don't get me wrong. Christians, including me have said really stupid things as well. But as every atheist knows, we Christians are stupid. It's expected of us. Why even Richard Dawkins has stated, “Thinking is anathema to Christians.”
It's Brights who love to show off their Beautiful Minds, just like Justin Bieber likes to stroll half naked through airports to show off his beautiful body.
Oh . . . 

No comments:

Post a Comment