Store up for yourselves treasures in Heaven
where moth and rust cannot destroy and thieves cannot break in and steal

Monday, April 15, 2013

The Beauty of Gratitude

On an episode of “The Office” the boss, Michael said, I think to Dwight, “Money cannot buy happiness. Do you know what the source of happiness is? Joy.”

I know, it’s “Far Side” cartoon level humour but it got a laugh out of me. What’s that got to do with this post. Mmm, like much of what I write, this post includes a large dose of non sequitur comments, but here it is, When we are not able to express gratitude for all of our past and even our present, it removes from us the ability to be completely hopeful about the what’s coming at us from the future.
Because I can see how God has worked in every aspect of my past, especially in the most difficult portions of my past, I actually look with anticipation to see what He will do in me as future difficulties unfold. Because I am grateful for past difficulties, future difficulties hold only promise of maturity and growth. God is so very good to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment