Store up for yourselves treasures in Heaven
where moth and rust cannot destroy and thieves cannot break in and steal

Friday, April 12, 2013

Do You Know Me?

I wish that was a constant in my life. Oh, sure, God has brought me a long way, but I want more and more. I want to love more consistently, care more intensely, help more practically, forgive always in thought, word, and deed. 

I want humility and gentleness - everything that never used to be me.

I want to reach through the thin places more consistently to experience Jesus more intimately and purposefully. I want to “grow in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour.” I want to attain the blessings that come with obedience. I want the joy that comes from knowing and being known by Him.

I’m afraid that if you don’t long to know Jesus more, it says that you probably don’t know Him at all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment