Store up for yourselves treasures in Heaven
where moth and rust cannot destroy and thieves cannot break in and steal

Sunday, September 5, 2010

Because . . .

Because of my relationship with Jesus, I have freedom from worry. I have freedom to be filled with passion for the most worthy cause on earth, that of furthering the kingdom of God. I have freedom from slavery to sin, freedom to obey my Creator, freedom to have patience in the face of frustration, freedom to know the will of God, and freedom from real guilt. Besides all that, I have freedom to become more spiritual than any seeker of worldly spirituality, for my soul, encased in this earthly shell is now the residence of God’s Holy Spirit. He uplifts my troubled soul. He is my unfailing comforter. He corrects me. He counsels me. He is my teacher who sanctifies me. I thank the Spirit of the Living God for the assurance He brings me on a daily basis. He brings me blessed and holy quietness. He revives me with life and with power. He cleanses and renews me. He bends me and remakes me. He gives me faith and I live an abundant life because of that faith. I am so very thankful for the Holy Spirit, for He has kindled a flame of sacred love in this once cold, cold heart of mine.

2 comments:

  1. Because jesus is my pseudo drug, he'll get me out of any situation, no matter what it is, I may be in a car wreck and my head severed and hanging on by a scrap of skin, jesus is there to rescue me, I may need financial help, jesus is there to the rescue, I may have a heart attack, he's there to see me through, I may get mad and kill someone, jesus is there to forgive all my sins, I myself therefore can do no wrong because jesus is waiting for my every beck and call, he's my personal invisible super hero or so I've been told.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're close to correct. I'll always have Jesus. You on the other hand have nothing. Not now. Not ever.

    ReplyDelete