Store up for yourselves treasures in Heaven
where moth and rust cannot destroy and thieves cannot break in and steal

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Because . . .

I think that I’ve finally exhausted all the ways in which a healed and forgiven relationship with Jesus has brought wonderful, freeing change into my life. For thirty days straight (give or take) I have been able to describe the radical life transforming power of the Living Messiah.

If you still think this is all a fantasy - try it. Make something up. Invent an invisible friend, and watch it transform your life. You can pray to it if you want. Or offer it sacrifices or cook up some ritual where you wash your hands five times a day. Try it! And then see if what has taken place in my life happens in your life as well.

I’ll tell you what’s going to happen. The only thing you’ll become is a “spiritual” version of the same person. That is simply not the case with those who have entered into a heal relationship with Jesus.

Am I who I want to be?
Not yet.

Am I who I should be?
Getting there.

Am I who I used to be?
Not even close.

Jesus is real. He is alive and He comes with the power to change anyone from the inside out. What He has done for me can be described in one word - Freedom!

None of these freedoms were mine prior to my healed relationship with Jesus. I was like a ship in the middle of the ocean with no navigational system. I could go any direction I chose, but I had no idea how to find a safe harbour for my soul.

Now, because of my relationship with Jesus, I have the freedom to say to life,
"Rain on, I will not drown, for I am standing on higher ground!"

No comments:

Post a Comment