Store up for yourselves treasures in Heaven
where moth and rust cannot destroy and thieves cannot break in and steal

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

“I’m Not Finished Yet!”

Just as though it’s supposed to mean something important, atheists often point out that the Jewish people as a whole rejected Jesus as their Messiah. Well, most of the world rejects Him as their Lord but one day every everyone will confess Him as their King; it will either happen voluntarily now or then as a conquered enemy.

Regardless, this rejection by the Jews arose because Jesus was not at all the type of King they were expecting.

One example is this.
Zechariah 9:9 - said that the Messiah would come to His people “lowly and riding on a donkey.”

On the other hand -

Daniel 7:13 - said that Messiah would arrive on the clouds of heaven with power and glory bringing peace to all the earth.

So which is it? Does He come humbly or in power?

We know from historical accounts that Jesus did come to Jerusalem in a Coronation of sorts, lowly and riding on a donkey. But what about power and bringing peace to earth?

From a record of His trial we have this exchange:
“The high priest said to him, "I charge you under oath by the living God: Tell us if you are the Messiah, the Son of God."

“Yes, it is as you say," Jesus replied. "But I say to all of you: In the future you will see the Son of Man sitting at the right hand of the Mighty One and coming on the clouds of heaven."

Then the high priest tore his clothes and said, "He has spoken blasphemy! Why do we need any more witnesses? Look, now you have heard the blasphemy.” Matthew 26:63-65

This Priest knew the prophecy of Daniel.
This Priest knew exactly Who Jesus was claiming to be.

To those who say that Jesus didn’t fulfill all of the Messianic prophecy Jesus would reply, “I’m not done with you yet. You’re mistaken in thinking that is has to be Daniel OR Zechariah.

IT’S BOTH!

Just as in Revelation chapter 5, your preconceived ideas of what a conquering King looks like causes you to miss identifying Messiah.

. I did come to provide atonement and forgiveness for all AND I will come to bring peace on earth.

. I did come as a priest AND I will come as a king

. I did suffer and die AND I will be exalted in glory for all to see

. I did come lowly and riding on a donkey AND I will come in the clouds for all to see.

. I did come to be rejected AND I am being accepted by people from around the globe as Messiah

. I did come to the Temple before its destruction

. I did provide atonement before the Temple’s destruction

Because I have done the former you can count on Me doing the latter as well.

I have fulfilled and will continue to fulfil all the Messianic prophecies that have been written about Messiah.”

The fact is, no one but Jesus has, could or will fulfill these prophecies.

2 comments:

  1. "Yes, it is as you say," Jesus replied. "But I say to all of you: In the future you will see the Son of Man sitting at the right hand of the Mighty One and coming on the clouds of heaven."


    Son of man???

    You mean son of man the lowly infidel sinner that your god repented of creating???

    Son of man, should indicate to you it's all a lie!!!

    But you don't have enough sense to see it!

    You think some jewish boy born in a barn is one day going to come along and save your soul from hell?

    So freaking ridiculous!!!

    It's beyond ridiculous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If He was JUST a Jewish boy then it would be ridiculous. All evidence suggests that Jesus was far, far more than JUST a man.

    ReplyDelete