Store up for yourselves treasures in Heaven
where moth and rust cannot destroy and thieves cannot break in and steal

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Because . . .

Because of my relationship with Jesus, I have freedom to love others, freedom to take a one-down position and not lose one iota of value or worth, freedom from anxiety, freedom from the fear of other people, freedom from the fear of anything that life wants to bring my way. I have the freedom to serve Jesus, freedom to be kind toward those who are not kind toward me, and freedom to do the right thing even when I’m strongly tempted to do the wrong thing.

These things were simply not mine prior to Jesus finding me and bringing me safely into His kingdom.

7 comments:

  1. but no freedom from the fear of God!

    repent or else!!

    Hell!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Because of my faith in what Jesus did on the cross and through His resurrection, every day I awaken to God's approval, God's love, God's protection.

    God's wrath holds no dread for me.

    Repenting is not an onerous task son. In this whole series "Because . . ." I am describing the kind of freedom that is available to anyone who "repents" and enters into a healed and forgiven relationship with their Creator.

    Jesus said, "I have come to that you might have life and have it abundantly." Jesus is the only One who is able to make us fully alive.

    You're rejecting the offer of EVERYTHING in order to gain banishment in hell.

    You might want to think about the wisdom of that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You reject reality in order to gain more imaginary comfort!

    More treat of imaginary hell is not eficient to convince others that your beliefs are true!

    Ignorance is bliss!

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Ignorance is bliss!"

    I can't think of one example of where ignorance is a good thing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The less you know about the real world, the more likely you are to believe that the Bible is literally true.

    ReplyDelete
  6. And your proof for saying that is what exactly?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Actually, the bible was written by people whom believed that the earth was at the center of the universe. They had no knowledge of other planets existing elsewhere.

    We now know that there are over 125 billion galaxies similar to our own, each one with millions of planets and suns.

    Yet you worship a book that was written by people whom had no knowledge of this fact.

    Sheep and goat herders steeped in ignorance.

    ReplyDelete