Store up for yourselves treasures in Heaven
where moth and rust cannot destroy and thieves cannot break in and steal

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Because . . .

Because of my relationship with Jesus, I have the freedom to live a life of unhurried serenity and peace and power. I have the freedom to sense the sacred in the world around me, to find this sacredness in relationships that are deep, and work that is meaningful. I have the freedom to sense the awe of God when standing in the presence of another human being created in the likeness of God whether that person is still in the womb, moments from death or anywhere in between. Because of my relationship with Jesus I have the freedom to begin each day with expectant reverence knowing that my Lord and Saviour has in store for me each and every day hints of His presence and mercy and love.

These things were simply not mine prior to Jesus finding me and bringing me safely into His kingdom.

2 comments:

  1. Jesus was gay and so are you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jesus was gay and so are you!

    :-)

    You know, thirty or even twenty years ago, these thoughts would have never entered my mind. Back then I saw the world and my interaction with it in a completely different manner. Just as you and I are at different places on our journey, I'm at a different place today than I was at any point previous to today.

    ReplyDelete