Store up for yourselves treasures in Heaven
where moth and rust cannot destroy and thieves cannot break in and steal

Thursday, September 2, 2010

What Love Is This?

There is not a single category of sin that I have not violated.

I’ll let you think about that for a moment.

Yes it’s true! When it sinks in you might share some of the disappointment, disgust, shame, revulsion that I've been forced to confront.

Yet God in His mercy and grace has said through His Son Jesus

I will forgive you.
I will love you.
I will change you.

When I was a young man, I almost beat someone to death. Why he didn’t die I don’t know. As I walked away I remember thinking to myself,

“Why don’t you care about what you just did?”

God and only God has made me into a man who loves others.
God and only God has taken this cold heart and made it one of compassion and caring.

An atheist said to me once how disgusted he was by the presence of morons on this earth. He was a social Darwinist in the fullest sense.

I have been given the privilege and honour to live with children, to care for children, to raise and nurture seven children with significant intellectual deficits.

Creator God has chosen these children,
not bright children,
not white children
but these children,
He’s taken THESE children and rescued them FROM homes where they would have been neglected physically, emotionally and spiritually and placed them in a home where He can raise them, where He can reach them and teach them and give them His love.

What kind of love is this that we have been given?

A love that came to earth in order to show us the way home.

O dear God you are truly amazing. I praise you and thank you for letting me know you.

No comments:

Post a Comment