Store up for yourselves treasures in Heaven
where moth and rust cannot destroy and thieves cannot break in and steal

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Because . . .

Because of my relationship with Jesus I have freedom to have an inexhaustible Source of spiritual and moral power. By simply trusting Jesus, He has promised me pardon for my sin, peace for my soul, strength in the hour of trouble, courage in the face of difficulty, power in the moment of temptation - and I receive this pardon, peace, and power simply by trusting that He will keep His promise. None of what I have received since becoming a Christian is FROM me. None of it is from psychological manipulation or effort or goal setting or conscious thought changing. All of it is from Jesus and only from Jesus. I have observed these changes happening to me but I have not made or striven for these changes that have happened to me.

This is freedom!

No comments:

Post a Comment