Store up for yourselves treasures in Heaven
where moth and rust cannot destroy and thieves cannot break in and steal

Friday, September 10, 2010

Filthy Rich

Do you know that most of the people in the world live on less than $2.00 (American) / day?

What does that do to you?
Anything?

Ten thousand children will die today because they didn't have enough to eat. Throw in preventable disease and lack of clean drinking water and that number goes to twenty-five thousand - today!

Still nothing?
Too bad - so sad?

Even on my pension, not what I used to make, but my pension gives me 120 times more per month than the average person on this planet busts h/her butt for on a daily basis. And by Canadian standards I'm lower middle class.

And here's the crazy part - actually I'm not sure which part is crazier - that I have so much compared to most of the people in the world OR that most of my friends, who live a similar life-style, would say that we really aren't that rich?

Regardless of the answer to that one, no one can tell me that I won’t be held accountable by Jesus, for what I do with this massive resource.

"We as Christians should not fear failing in our attempts to follow Jesus nearly as much as we should fear succeeding in things that don't matter."
Tim Kizziar

No comments:

Post a Comment